High Flying Giraffes

High Flying Giraffes

Click clock, click clock. Tiles fade into the distance. My steps echo in some sort of slow galloping pattern. I finally find myself walking upwards in a long, stretching spiral, feeling so compacted just by the strong smell of chlorine. Once the line stops, I get a tense, daunting sensation.

Realizing how high I am above the water, it leaves me completely star-struck. I freeze. I started doing breathing exercises that I learnt from my Tai Chi master. Picturing myself doing a superhero pose I gain confidence. Opening my eyes I see my friend, Floppa, dangling from the ceiling. I take one last breath and run as if I am being chased by a zombie. I leap, Floppa bites my chin and spins me around. I dive into the crystal clear water like a meteorite. 

Plummeting into the water, I feel so relieved. Opening up my eyes, water starts to rush in, making my vision all blurry and puffy. I hear a faint voice saying “Wake up, wake up!” but it didn’t bother me. 

Emerging from the water I see the ringmaster waiting for me. He comes up to me and gives me a medal. I am filled with joy! I could finally be a giraffe in a circus! I woke up and realized that it was just a dream. A dream of magnificence.